Thursday, February 11, 2010

Superbowl

Super bowl

I thought that the commercials that were played on the super bowl were funny and had great strategic planning. The Hyundai commercial must have played about six to seven times and it said one thing change. It seems that they are trying to reach the consumer in a different way rather than their old approach. I think that this is a good thing because before they were focused on dependable and price and now it’s all about the luxury of the automobile. They are making a new name for their company and are trying a different marketing approach this time. Now Hyundai is going to be about status and not repetition. I also loved the etrade commercials the babies that are on their crack me up even know their marketing stock trade and how the baby portrays himself out to be a business man. Some of the commercials I didn’t get and I think that they shouldn’t have aired them. The Doritos commercial with the little boy was hilarious it made a good point don’t touch the Doritos. I didn’t see much alcohol commercials though I was surprised being that they always show beer commercials. They decided to focus on automobiles and recycling with paper not plastic. I worked the day of the super bowl I tried to watch as much as possible of the game but it was hard. It brought in a lot of consumer’s into Vegas and into our restaurant Margaritaville. Our bars were packed with sports fans however it did bring in some odd people. We had the drunks/trashy disrespectful people that made my job harder than it needed to be. I’m actually glad it’s over so we don’t half to face anymore drama. I did enjoy the marketing that was shown throughout Las Vegas though.

No comments:

Post a Comment